Many thanks to Champlain College’s Emergent Media Center (EMC) for significantly helping me facilitate two workshops at this year’s Dynamic Landscapes conference. Specifically, thanks to the EMC’s Tyler Feralio, Ken Howell, and the student lab techs.
Laser Cutting Photos
- Jenn’s VT Makers activity & PDF: http://vermontmakers.org/steam-modules/e-textiles/
- Take Home Kit: ProtoSnap – LilyPad E-Sewing Kit, with helpful pattern to sew on, no hoop or sensors, not programmable: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11032
Photos of Sewing:
- The three wraps around a lead: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sewing-with-conductive-thread
- http://lilypadarduino.org/?page_id=1256 and http://lilypadarduino.org/?page_id=1260
- Make a switch: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ldk-experiment-5-make-your-own-switch
- Basic circuit: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ldk-experiment-1-lighting-up-a-basic-circuit
- Fabric kits on Etsy by Plusea: https://www.etsy.com/people/Plusea
- Site for designs: http://www.kobakant.at/DIY/
- Adafruit Gemma Starter Pack, programmable, but not sensors. Documentation http://www.adafruit.com/products/1657
- Adafruit Gemma Sensor Pack. Nice! rechargeable batt, programmable. Needs hoop, and fabric template, and a printed project book.
- ProtoSnap Dev board. Kit, programmable, sensors, no fabric or hoop: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11262
- Book, projects, Sparkfun cart of stuff: http://sewelectric.org/
Beginner kit: https://www.sparkfun.com/wish_lists/74576